Sunday 20 May 2012

Gratitude Jewellery (exercise 3)

Choose a piece of jewellery/trinket you from this day on want to be your personal Gratitude Jewellery / Gratitude Trinket. It must be something you will wear every single day, either for a week, a month, a year or whatever amount of time you choose.

A Gratitude Jewellery can be a ring, a necklace, a bracelet, a brooch or another piece of jewellery that you throughout the day will look at several times. The most important thing is that it is a piece of jewellery that you take on each morning and off each evening, so you at least twice a day will touch your Gratitude Jewellery. Some people sleep with some of their jewelry on, do not choose a piece of jewellery you also wear while sleeping.

Each time your Gratitude Jewellery catches your eyes, then touch it lightly, while you say thank you (in your mind or out loud, whatever works best for you in the current situation) for all the things you are grateful for in life.

“Thank you for my mother, who gave birth to me and always is there for me.”
“Thank you for my sister, with whom I always laugh a lot.”
“Thank you for my friends, who I can share everything with, laugh and cry with.”
“Thank you for my beautiful hair.”
“Thank you for my bright eyes.”
“Thank you for my eyes, for being able to see.”
“Thank you for my job, which feeds me.”
“Thank you for my job, which has turned out to be my dream job.”
“Thank you for my pretty nails.”
“Thank you for my wonderful, caring husband/wife.”
“Thank you for my beloved children, who mean the world to me.”
“Thank you for being allowed to be born”
Etc.

Note: don’t let it become a memorized rhyme.

You don’t have to remember every single thing you are grateful for every single time. Try to spend a few minutes each morning and afternoon on your Gratitude Jewellery, remembering as many things as possible you are thankful for. During the day, just give thanks to the things that come to mind when your eyes catch your Gratitude Jewellery.

If you are busy when your eyes catches your Gratitude Jewellery, then just touch it lightly and say thank you for the first thing that comes to mind.
“Thank you for the good night’s sleep I got last night”

If you are too busy to give thanks to specific things, then it is enough to simply touch your Gratitude Jewellery (or just look at it if you, to give an example, are surrounded by people at an important meeting) and feel gratittude. Just feel it.

You can give thanks to absolutely anything: your health, your look, your job, your talents, your thoughts, your life - whatever comes to mind. However, to feel a real effect, then you must mean it and feel gratitude while thanking for all these wonderful things in life.

Please note; the only reason to use a tool in this exercise (a piece of jewellery/trinket), is because it will remind you to do it. In reality you don’t need any Gratitude Jewellery.
My Gratitude Jewellery used to be a ring. However, I don’t need it anymore, since I remember to say thank you several times a day without looking at it. Now it is simply just a ring I like wearing.



Work with this exercise every day for 1-3 weeks, then move on to the next exercise.
You can continue working with this exercise for as long as you like, while moving on to other exercises.

Copyright © 2012 by Maria Retz. All rights reserved.


Take a step, then one more and one more...

No comments:

Post a Comment